Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Web 2.0--Lesson 2

Even though O'Reilly's article was published in 05 and Blyberg's in 06--there was still a lot of new information for me. I found understanding what 2.0 actually is more easily after reading O'Reilly's explanation. And some of the things, such as voice capability on computer, have come to pass--not to mention Skype as demonstrated on Oprah. But district technology blocks most of 2.0 interactions at school. My home computer that still accesses Internet with a modem does not have capability of using some or I'm too impatient to wait. I attended a TLA session several years ago on implementing 2.0. It was interesting and informative but I still haven't been able to implement what was demonstrated then and see no immediate changes in our district policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment